- Category: Cool Stuff
- Published: Thursday, 24 August 2017 11:39
- Written by Nick Niotis
Steve Jackson Games has decided to make an adaptation of the legendary wargame Ogre for Steam. It is developed by the award-winning Auroch Digital.
Hovercraft, tanks, infantry, and giant cybernetic tanks called Ogres take part in a seemingly endless world war. You take command and vie for supremacy on the irradiated battlefields of The Last War.
- Time-Tested, Compelling Gameplay: The Ogre tabletop game has withstood the test of time, captivating gamers for over forty years. This new release is the definitive digital edition of Ogre – including expanded G.E.V. rules for even more variety – and is the first digital adaptation since 1986.
- Meticulously Crafted Adaptation of the Original Game: Ogre veterans will be instantly at home with this adaptation, while new players will find a deeply rewarding, turn-based strategy game.
- All-New Campaign: Engage in brand-new missions created in partnership with Steve Jackson Games.
- Multiplayer Capability: Test your skill against other players with online turn-based multiplayer gameplay with ranking and matchmaking, plus local "hotseat" multiplayer.
- Single Player Skirmish and Tutorial Modes: Completely new to the world of Ogre? Learn to play with our in-depth tutorial, then set up a custom game of Ogre and fight against devious AI opponents.
- Wide Variety of Units and Factions: Build out your faction with Light, Heavy, Superheavy,and Missile Tanks, G.E.V.s, Infantry, Marines, Howitzers, and Ogres (Mark I to- Mark VI), while utilizing Trains and Command Posts as you see fit. Choose to play as either the North American Combine or the Paneuropean Federation.
- Varied Maps Offer Strategic Decisions: Roll through many types of terrain, across bodies of water, and make use of defensive areas to sheild your units from attack.
- Playable Again and Again: Multiple game modes (including single player and mulitplayer) plus achievements provide hundreds of hours of entertainment.